Today, we are excited to announce the launch of the public beta version of the Adobe Stock Contributor Site, a new platform to submit content to both Adobe Stock and Fotolia.
Since the acquisition of Fotolia by Adobe, we’ve been dreaming about the opportunities to provide contributors with enhanced submission experience and we thank you for being highly active in posting ideas, suggestions and requests in the past !
What makes Adobe Stock Contributor Site different ?
Contribute to the world’s largest creative community
Whether you are an existing contributor, or an artist with amazing content new to Stock Photography, by contributing to Adobe Stock, you have an easy way to showcase and sell your work to millions of customers directly inside Creative Cloud applications.
Simplified Interface and Auto-keywording Feature
Besides providing a simplified interface, one of our major features is image auto-keywording, which automatically completes the first 5 keywords of each image you submit. Here’s how it works:
- Upload an image
- Within a split second, we compare the images with our entire database
- We extract the keywords from the best selling images that are similar to yours
- We reorder those keywords by relevancy and display the top 5 of them for you to review, edit, reorder and add more keywords.
It won’t be perfect each time at the beginning, but the good news is it’s learning from you. The more you use the feature, the more you correct it and the better it therefore becomes. And the better it gets, the more time you’ll save. (And yes, time is money!)
Contribute seamlessly from Creative Cloud apps
We have integrated Adobe Stock content submission directly within Creative Cloud applications, right from where you create, saving you time and reducing friction.
It’s still a 2 step process as you’ll need to finalize your submission on the Contributor Site for the moment. We’re aiming at deeper integrations, open to more content types and into more CC apps soon.
Here are the most important things you need to know:
- ZERO IMPACT: There is absolutely no impact on your existing Fotolia experience. Submissions, content management, sales and commissions remain exactly the same on Fotolia. Whether you have an Adobe Stock Contributor account, you can remain access to your Fotolia account.
- BETA: We’re in public beta which means a lot of the features you have been waiting for might not yet be implemented or fully functional. However we’ll be making regular updates to the software to ensure it meets your expectations !
- SINGLE DATABASE: Adobe Stock and Fotolia are a single data base, a single backbone. Wherever you are contributing from, your content will sell on both platforms. Do not upload the same content on both experiences, you’ll just be creating duplicates.
- SYNC YOUR ACCOUNT : If you have decided to try on with an Adobe Stock Contributor account, remember to sync your Fotolia account when you are presented the option to do so. By synching your account, all your Fotolia files such as tax forms, IDs, models releases, etc, will as a result be accessible from your Adobe Stock account, saving you from having to resubmit them! Please note that if you skip the opportunity to sync accounts you will not be able to do so at a later stage.
More Improvements to Come
The public beta phase is a great opportunity for us to give you a sneak peek and to gather your feedback in order to make improvements. We look forward to hearing from you !
Morgan David de Lossy, Product Manager, Adobe Stock Contributor